Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Vanilla bean cake with chocolate ganache

Yesterday was my Birthday :)
And Today is my Hubby's Birthday!!!

I wanted to give him a surprise; and what can be better than a Birthday Cake!
Since I have some vanilla pods which have been sitting inside my fridge for ages, I shall make a Vanilla cake!
Complete with my favourite chocolate ganache!

It is my first attempt to make a cake!
I always make cupcakes/muffins but never a cake, I am so excited.


Two 8-inch round pans squeezing in the oven!


Cakes are done! Time to dress up!


Yes, covering cake with ganache is indeed very messy and unsightly!
Until the ganache hardens and you can clear it up to make it look nicer.


 Tadah!
Words written with edible gel

Complete with packaging to give hubby a surprise!


To me, a birthday must have a cake with lit candles, so I can make wishes!



The cake looks great, both inside and outside.
But the cake is a bit too moist and dense; maybe I added too little flour.
Luckily the chocolate ganache comes to the rescue and makes the cake quite nice though.

A nice first attempt!
I will try to improve next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment